Monday, August 31, 2009

Giddy-up!

I photographed the Lynden Rodeo Saturday. It was one of the most difficult things I've shot in a really long time. The lighting was horrible - they only had a few spot lights. I cranked up my ISO [graininess can sometimes be cool, right?] and even then couldn't get a fast enough shutter speed. Hopefully when I get my new body, I won't run into this problem quite as badly. I also had difficulty with getting access to places around the stadium but I worked the smile and eventually got to where I wanted to be. To top it all off, I only had a 1 GB memory card with me [long story] and my computer, so I was being really selective of what I shot. I would love to shoot another rodeo but maybe one that's during the day or in a venue with better lighting.




No comments: